Member access of __gshared global object

Dragos Carp via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 6 09:06:29 PDT 2014

> This describes the semantics of regular arrays. Are you sure it
> also applies to AAs? I thought they will keep referring to the
> same data once they are initialized. But I might be mistaken...

This can be easily tested. And... you are right!

In the current implementation (I couldn't find any specification)
the AA contains just a pointer[1]. I suppose that initially this
pointer is null and on copy the pointer is copied, so that after
initialization any change of the copy is visible in the original.

[1]
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/rt/aaA.d#L82-85