Inner struct accessing host member

Philippe Sigaud via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 6 10:02:34 PDT 2014

> hmmm static and private... other keywords to
> try, but offhand it's been a while i don't know if either would change the
> behavior. Could just be inner scope limitations. Might be other
> tags/modifiers...
>
>  I feel helpless :(

No need to ;-) Thanks for your help, don't sweat it too much.

>  I'm not sure if it would help, but sometimes if you reverse the logic you
> might get what you want by putting the data in B instead of A.

I have a lot of Bs (nodes in a graph). They compute some things and
when they get a result, they update A's field. Each A holds the entry
point to their inner graph of Bs and waits for the results.
So I don't see how I could invert it, really.

What  *could* do it to have the graph of Bs in thread and sending
results as messages to another thread, where A is waiting for them.

It's just... I'm so used to being able to mix and compose 'concepts'
in D: structs in functions, classes in classes in structs, functions
returning functions returning structs, etc. I'm used to begin able to
organise my code as I see the problem space.
But here, with a struct-in-a-struct, I hit a wall. Not fun, but not
problematic too...