unittest affects next unittest

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 6 10:42:01 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 6 August 2014 at 02:12:16 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 August 2014 at 17:41:06 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
>> It's a consequence of the fact that every type in D has a
>> default initializer which is known at compile time.
>
>  Then doesn't this mean it should pop out a warning in case
> that's the behavior you wanted, perhaps a reference to the D
> specs?
>
>  Beyond that it would be easy to forget it does that, since
> class initializes things different than structs because of the
> 'known at compile time' logic.

It wouldn't make sense to warn about that, because it could be
very legitimately be what the programmer wants to do. We can't
warn about anything that would be legitimate to have, because it
would force programmers to change their code to get rid of the
warning, even when the code was valid. So, while in most cases,
it might be a problem, we can't warn about it. But I do think
that the spec should be clearer about it.

- Jonathan M Davis