private selective imports

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 6 11:23:57 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 06:19:34PM +0000, Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Is there any way to make selective imports private? I've got a name
> clash from importing an "all" module that has a bunch of public
> imports, one of which is circular, it goes sort of like this:
>
> module math.all;
>
> public:
> import geometry;
> import vectors;
>
> ---
>
> module vectors;
>
> struct Vector {}
>
> ---
>
> module geometry;
>
> import math.all: Vector;
>
> And then I get an error like: vectors.Vector conflicts with geometry.Vector
>
> Its the same Vector, though. What can I do?

I'd file a bug.

But obviously, you want a workaround in the meantime. I'll leave it to
the module experts to answer that. ;-)  (My module structures tend to be
quite shallow and simple, so I haven't run into this problem myself
yet.)

If you want to solve a problem, you need to address its root cause, not just its symptoms. Otherwise it's like treating cancer with Tylenol...