D JSON (WAT?!)

Pavel via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 8 07:07:33 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 24 July 2014 at 16:09:25 UTC, Justin Whear wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 16:04:01 +0000, Pavel wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to all you folks who explained "in" operator for me. My
>> bad.
>> Let's focus on the real problem, which is JSON wrapper class.
>> Is it
>> needed? Wouldn't it be better to get AA from parseJSON?
>
> The following are valid JSON:
>
> auto json1 = parseJSON(`1`);
> auto json2 = parseJSON(`"foo"`);
> auto json3 = parseJSON(`[1, 2, 3]`);
>
> None of these fit naturally into an JSONValue[string] return
> type.

auto json4 = parseJSON(`true`);
This is a valid JSON also.

I know that as per JSON spec there's no boolean type specified,
only separate true and false values, which are specified as type
in http://dlang.org/library/std/json/JSON_TYPE.html, so I guess
the only way to check boolean in JSONValue it is to write:

if (json4.type == JSON_TYPE.True) {
} else {
}

Am I right?