Are there desktop appications being developed in D currently?

Puming via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 8 17:34:42 PDT 2014

Hi,

I bumped into a blog talking about building a (toy) browser
engine in Rust:

(http://limpet.net/mbrubeck/2014/08/08/toy-layout-engine-1.html)

In the blog I found that the OP is in the mozilla servo team
building a parallel browser for mozilla. The servo is hosted on
github here:

(https://github.com/servo)

Yes, rust is a more infantile language compared to D, but people
are already using them to create complicate applications like
browser! This kind of projects would become a huge drive force to
strengthen best practices in the language/lib design and attract
newcomers.

When I learned about Clojure, and found that an editor/ide [Light
Table](http://lighttable.com) was written entirely by
Clojure(script), was really intrigged. [Atom](http://atom.io) is
written in nodejs/coffeescript.

So I wonder, is there similar projects in D that I can take part,
learn and enjoy?

I see the current hotspot of D are compilers、libs、http-server and
game area, but haven't encountered an application project such as
an editor, music player, etc.