Are there desktop appications being developed in D currently?

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 9 10:14:37 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 9 August 2014 at 00:34:43 UTC, Puming wrote:
> Yes, rust is a more infantile language compared to D, but
> people are already using them to create complicate applications
> like browser!

Heh, Rust was initially created exactly to create a browser.
Servo project is its main driver and purpose.

> I see the current hotspot of D are compilers、libs、http-server
> and game area, but haven't encountered an application project
> such as an editor, music player, etc.

We've got some.

Photo processing app:
http://www.infognition.com/blogsort/

Disk space visualizer and redundancy searcher:
http://www.infognition.com/undup/

A tool for watching some folders and processing video files there:
http://www.infognition.com/VideoEnhancer/autovideoenhance.html

And we're going to make the next major version of Video Enhancer
itself in D too.

All the apps were made with DFL - D Forms Library, a nice
equivalent of .NET's WinForms.