LuaD + VisualD link issue

Johnathan Sunders via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 12 15:25:23 PDT 2014

I'm having an issue with building programs that link with LuaD
using VisualD. If I use Dub, it builds without an issue, but
generating a project file and compiling it through VisualD
results in "Error 162: Bad Type Index reference to type 84A9"
when linking luad.lib(base).

Anyone has any ideas on what may cause this? I've also tried
building using the VisualD project on LuaD's GitHub in case it
was a missing configuration setting but that has the same issue
(running Windows 8 64 bit in case it's relevant).