core.thread.Fiber --- runtime stack overflow unlike goroutines

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 15 07:45:01 PDT 2014

On Friday, 15 August 2014 at 14:28:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:

> Won't that kind of kill the purpose of Fiber as low-cost
> context abstraction? Stack size does add up for thousands of
> fibers.

As long as allocation speed is fast for large allocs (which I
have to test), I want to change the default size to be very
large.  The virtual address space in a 64-bit app is enormous,
and if the memory is committed on demand then physical memory use
should only match what the user actually requires.  This should
allow us to create millions of fibers and not overrun system
memory, and also not worry about stack overruns, which has always
been a concern with the default fiber stack size.