Appender is ... slow

Philippe Sigaud via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 15 13:25:46 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:04 PM, John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-learn
<digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> compiler, version, OS, architecture, flags?

Compiler: DMD 2.065 and LDC 0.14
OS: Linux 64bits (8 cores, but there is no parallelism here)
flags: -O -release -inline (and -noboundscheck for DMD)

> Have you looked at the assembly to check that all the Appender method calls
> are being inlined?

I do not know how to look at the assembly, neither do I know how to
see if Appender method calls are being inlined.

I did spend some time with -profile and gained a nice 10% increase in
speed with that, fighting bottlenecks in my code.