Ropes (concatenation trees) for strings in D ?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 15 19:26:18 PDT 2014

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:04:10 -0700
Timothee Cour via Digitalmars-d-learn
<digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

sounds like my C library based on this article:
http://e98cuenc.free.fr/wordprocessor/piecetable.html

i'm slowly converting my C code to D (nothing fancy yet, still C-style).

it's not a 'real' rope -- it's designed for text editing tasks, and it
allocates like crazy now, but it's pretty usable to writing rich text
editors and renderers in various GUI toolkits.

don't know when i'll finish first working version though, it's all
little tedious and i have alot other things to do. but i'll announce it
when it will be done. ;-)