Trouble reproducing compilation error

Xinok via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 21 18:31:47 PDT 2014

I'm currently receiving several errors when trying to compile
this code with DMD 2.066 (beginning with RC1):

https://github.com/Xinok/XSort

The compiler throws an error because it's unable to deduce a type
for the predicate in a few places. This repository compiles just
fine in DMD 2.065 and earlier (more specifically, 2.066 beta 5
and earlier). I'm very certain that this is a bug given that I
never experienced this issue before.

However, I'm finding it impossible to reproduce the bug so I can
file a bug report. I'm not sure what exactly is causing it or if
there's something specific in the context of this code that's
triggering it. The only thing that I can deduce is that, in each
case, an instance variable is being compared to an array element,
e.g.:

     int[] arr = [10, 20, 30];
     int value = arr[0];
     pred(value, arr[1]); // Instance variable compared to array
element

This one is stumping me and I could use some help in tracking
down this bug.