Is this RDMD bug ?

sigod via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 23 11:23:23 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 23 August 2014 at 17:41:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 August 2014 at 17:37:39 UTC, sigod wrote:
>> On Saturday, 23 August 2014 at 17:32:15 UTC, Vladimir
>> Panteleev wrote:
>>> No, it is not an rdmd bug.
>>>
>>> "etc" is a standard D package name reserved for Phobos, the
>>> standard library. It is the same for "std" and "core".
>>
>> Please, point us directly to a documentation where it says
>> that this words reserved.
>
> http://dlang.org/phobos/ ?
> (you don't expect to casually use package names "std" and
> "core" either, do you?)

Actually, I never got to use this names for first package name.
(I only used `<something>.etc` and `<something>.core`.) So, I
didn't thought about this.

But, if to think about it know:
`std` - no.
`core` - yes.
`etc` - yes.

It isn't documented. So, why should I think that this is reserved
package names? Actually, I myself never thought that there's
exist such thing as "reserved package name".

Isn't it better to document such things? Less questions will
arouse. Less users will stumble on strange errors.