Learning D

Ryan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 13:37:15 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 18:12:25 UTC, Colin wrote:
> On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 17:57:54 UTC, Ryan wrote:
>> Anyone know MonoDevelop?
>>
>> Why is the "Edit References" context menu item missing.  I
>> have it at the top (Project->Edit References...) but when I
>> click it nothing happens. Grrr.
>
> I couldnt figure it out either tbh (creating dub projects using
> MonoD)
>
> I just fire up a command line, go to my workspace folder, and do
> dub init <project name here>
>
> Then, in monoD, File -> Open -> C:\Path\To\Project\dub.json
>
> Then your good to go regarding MonoD.

Yeah, I gave up on MonoD to try and figure out what is going on
behind the scenes by compiling with text files... I had a little
success compiling, followed by a failure to run because I don't
have the right version of GTK+ on my system...

Then I thought I'd learn dub.  Well, this is NOT going well... I
did a git clone of gtk-d, then tried to build with dub (renamed
the package.json to dub.json), and it told me "Conflicting
package multi-reference".... I have no clue and I've tried
removing package references

I tried "dub remove gtk-d --version=*" but it just lists out
excuses why it can't work... "no retrieval journal found for...",
"Untracked file found"....

So then I try every variation of "dub remove-local" and "dub
remove-path" I can think of.

I give up.  Why not just have a "dub
-IFuckedUpSoLetsStartOverCleanSlated" option?