'idiomatic' porting of c and or c++ code that does NULL checking

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 22:39:57 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 03:19:09 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> I use Exception for recoverable errors and Error for those that
> aren't.

Sorry, you're right, that description of Exception/Error is
correct. But I don't think that SDL initialization is a
non-recoverable error. The program might want to retry SDL
initialization with different parameters, and if that code would
make it into a library, said library might try using a different
graphics library or use some other form of user interaction.