DIP64 - Regarding 'pure' and 'nothrow'

Aerolite via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 28 04:50:48 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 20:17:11 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> It would be nice if we could at least allow both "nothrow" and
> "@nothrow". Because "nothrow" is already a keyword there's no
> possibility of a UDA overriding it. This would at least give
> people the option of making their code look nicer.

So no chance even of this? Make it an either/or situation, which
would prevent code-breakage but also encourage @-style usage as
developers would presumably try and maintain consistency?
Admittedly I haven't looked at the compiler source-code, but
surely its infrastructure wouldn't make this prohibitively hard
to do?

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it myself if it's something
that can be done without too much hassle.