D daemon & GC?

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 30 12:37:01 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 19:20:39 UTC, JD wrote:
>> I can already say that it nevertheless works with DMD git.
>> Will test soon with Digger, unfortunately Bitbucket is
>> currently down, and Digger depends on it.
>
> In the meantime I installed DMD 2.066 and I changed the exit()
> function after the fork as Dicebot suggested. Unfortunately I
> got the same result:

I tested it again, and it works fine in both 2.065 and 2.066.

At least theoretically, whatever happens in the parent should not
affect the child, so I don't really believe it has something to
do with the way exit() works. You can actually test this by
making the parent not exit immediately, but sleep for some time.

And just to be sure: have you tested your program without the
call to daemonize?