Learning D for a non computer science background person : pre-requisite knowledge?

Mayuresh Kathe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 2 08:38:33 PST 2014

While I have been a programmer for close to 23 years, it's been
mostly API level code cobbling work.

Would like to learn "D", but am a bit intimidated by the fact
that I don't have much of a grasp over the foundational stuff
(discrete mathematics, machine organization, etc.) and hence am
preparing for the same.

Would like to know if there be anything else I should work
through before approaching "D" via Mr. Alexandrescu's book.

Thanks.