How to ensure a thread cannot be blocked by the GC?

ponce via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 4 00:18:22 PST 2014

On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 02:01:26 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 01:36:13 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> So I suppose none of your threads are suspended unless you
>> suspend it with Thread on call_back entry? But why suspend a
>> @nogc thread?
>
> What a mess of incorrect recollection and typos (it is late,
> 3AM :-P): I  meant to say that I suppose none of your threads
> are suspended unless you register it as a Thread

Thanks Ola & Jacob.
In fact I was registering them both with
core.sys.windows.dll.dll_thread_attach() when callbacked with
DLL_THREAD_ATTACH, but I see now that I should instead register
to the runtime only the interruptible thread.

Made-up problem!