Template mixin enum stringof

Lemonfiend via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 10 05:58:20 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 at 12:57:16 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:35:44 +0000
> Lemonfiend via Digitalmars-d-learn
> <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 at 12:08:34 UTC, ketmar via
>> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> > On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:52:11 +0000
>> > Lemonfiend via Digitalmars-d-learn
>> > <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com>

>> >   mixin S!((Foo.BAR).stringof);
>> >
>> > sorry, don't remember the parsing rule for this.
>>
>> Wow, I didn't even consider that.. Thanks!
> also, you can use this:
>
>   import std.conv : to;
>   mixin S!(to!string(Foo.BAR));
>
> people tend to forget that many `to!` variants are usable in
> CTFE.

Seems like I'd want to move the converting-to-string
functionality to within the template mixin then, something like:

---
mixin template S(T, T t) if (is(T == enum))
{
	//import std.traits;
	//enum s = fullyQualifiedName!(t); // unfortunately this results
in "t"

	import std.conv: to;
	enum s = to!string(t); // this works
}

mixin S!(Foo, Foo.BAR);
---

But passing an enum as parameter seems to be somewhat annoying.
If I leave off the first Foo, then it complains about no-matching
template for int parameter.
!(Foo, Foo.BAR) seems kinda redundant..