Derelict / SDL error

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 10 10:06:06 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 at 16:58:57 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On 12/11/2014 12:31 AM, Paul wrote:
>

>> This thread has degenerated into a discussion of the set up of
>> my OS
>> which is miles off topic and should probably be abandoned.
>
> Maybe not. The trouble is that others have been able to compile
> and run the same code without error. Given that you are still
> unable to, that puts your system configuration in the
> spotlight. Your error with libpng points even more in that
> direction. If that turns out to be the culprit, it wouldn't be
> the first time someone has had run-time errors because of
> something not quite right on their system.
>
> Without a failure that others can reproduce, there's not much
> for anyone to do other than make (hopefully educated) guesses.
> I'm happy to keep doing so until it's either resolved or I run
> out of ideas.

I appreciate that Mike, I would really like to get this sorted so
I can get on with learning D. I read up on the procedure for
building the latest libpng which I did. It gives same error
message as using the earlier version.

It seems to me that trying to use SDL_image rather than the
'built in' *.bmp handling might be compounding the problem
(unless libpng is called upon to render bmps as well?). I don't
know what to try next I'm afraid.