Global array

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 12 07:04:21 PST 2014

On Thursday, 11 December 2014 at 21:35:43 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 08:56:00PM +0000, Paul via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> Is there any merit (or folly!) in storing a large array, that
>> frequently needs to be accessed globally, within a class like
>> so:
>>
>> public class classMap{
>>
>> 	public static int[MAPSIZE][MAPSIZE] map;
>>
>> }
>>
>> Or is there a proper 'D' way to do this?
> [...]
>
> Why do you need to wrap it inside a class? Why not just put it
> in
> module-global scope, since it's public anyway?

I guess I'm looking for the correct method to create a globally
accessible bunch of data (basically the program state) with
associated functions while trying to provide some measure of
safety compared to ordinary global variables. I suppose putting
them in the same module with that array in the global namespace
is no different.