Derelict SDL2 library not loading on OS X

Jack via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 17 23:38:16 PST 2014

On Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 07:10:43 UTC, Joel wrote:
>> Did you check if you installed SDL already on your machine?
>
> I followed the SDL2 instructions (on the SDL web site) for OS X
> before using Derelict. It had about copying to a curtain
> folder, which I did.

Just noticed that you used dmd to compile Derelict and dmd's
trying to link DerelictUtil (the compiler can't find it). I would
suggest for you to get "dub" and build DerelictSDL2 with it.
Every package in Derelict needs the Derelict Util package :
>libDerelictUtil.a
and when building DerelictSDL2 with dub, it will automatically
build the Util package as well.

Though take note, I'm not familiar with the other process of
building the libraries other than using dub.

See