On inheritance and polymorphism in cats and dogs (and other beasts too)

Derix via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 21 08:11:55 PST 2014

Thanks a lot, I begin to see the light !

>you aren't overriding anything -- you are
/overloading/

Yep, I rekon the difference was not clear to me. It still isn't
right now, but at least now I know that it exists and I have to
look into it.

As to the spell you cast to my cats in your rewriting of the
class, I'm still a bit confused about the ways of the 'downcast'.
I'll try and compile a working hack around your outline, but that
will have to wait another day : late Sunday afternoon, lazy ...

Thanks again, really.