Need example of usage DerelictPQ

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 25 03:04:40 PST 2014

On 12/25/2014 3:03 PM, Suliman wrote:
>>> DerelictPQ is only a binding to libpq. The only difference is the
>>> DerelictPQ.load method. Just follow the libpq documentation.
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/libpq.html
>>
>> Actually, Derelict binds to version 9.3, so the proper link should be
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/libpq.html
>
> But could you look at my example and say what I am doing wrong? For my
> regret I do not know C and I have some problems with understanding this
> doc.

I've never used libpq. Any C samples you find should be mostly directly
translatable to D, with just a few minor adjustments. Look around for
such a sample, or a libpq tutorial if such a thing exists, and try to
port it over to D. Then if you have any trouble, I'm sure you can find
help here with translating it.