D language manipulation of dataframe type structures

aldanor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 26 13:30:59 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 25 September 2013 at 03:41:36 UTC, Jay Norwood
wrote:
> I've been playing with the python pandas app enables
> interactive manipulation of tables of data in their dataframe
> structure, which they say is similar to the structures used in
> R.
>
> It appears pandas has laid claim to being a faster version of
> R, but is doing so basically limited to what they can exploit
> from moving operations back and forth from underlying cython
> code.
>
> Has anyone written an example app in D that manipulates
> dataframe type structures?

Pandas has numpy as "backend" which does a lot of heavy lifting,
so first things first -- imo D needs a fast and flexible
blas/lapack-compatible multi-dimensional rectangular array
library that could later serve as backend for pandas-like
libraries.