Idea/request: If you have a DUB project, add a code.dlang.org badge to README

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 30 13:12:37 PST 2014

A few weeks/months ago someone here mentioned that it'd be good
if DUB projects linked to code.dlang.org to help anyone who runs
into such a project quickly discover other D projects.

MAny GitHub projects have "badges"/"shields" on top of their
READMEs - little image strips showing things like continuous
integration status, code coverage, etc.

There's also a service generating these: shields.io

I generated a simple "listed at| code.dlang.org" shield, and
added it to my project READMEs as a link pointing to
code.dlang.org for example, see D:YAML README:

   https://github.com/kiith-sa/D-YAML

You can do the same by either linking to or downloading the
shield:

   https://img.shields.io/badge/listed%20at-code.dlang.org-red.png

(used red... because mars)

and putting the image (whether as a link to shields.io or your
own copy) into your README.

It's not likely to be a huge improvement, but I expect it *can*
help people notice more D projects and it's trivial to do.