How can i find my LAN IP Address using std.socket?

TheFlyingFiddle kurtyan at student.chalmers.se
Tue Feb 4 12:19:13 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 13:24:59 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 13:21:54 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
> wrote:
>Worth noting that this solution is not reliable in general
>either because your server can possibly have complicated routing
>configurations that will make, for example, LAN destination
>packets go via different network interface than WAN destination
>ones.
>
> It is probably better to tell what high-level problem you are
> trying to solve to find most useful compromise.

I'm setting up a simple local network enabling me to connect
phones to the computer through the local wi-fi. The simplest way
i could think of to make this work without relying on an external
server was to simply broadcast the ip and port to all machines in
the network.(Btw by server i mean my / my project groups windows
boxes).

So well the problem is that i need a way for the phones to find
running servers on the LAN.