Multiple-OS Header Access

Malkierian rhydonj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:21:51 PST 2014

Alright, so I'm making a little utility, and it looks like I'm
going to need to access OS-specific header functions on each
operating system in order to make it work, because 1) I want to
get a list of all active processes and their names and 2) I want
to periodically check which window currently has focus.  I've
already found SetWinEventHook and GetForegroundWindow (for
checking the foreground window and setting an event hook for
focus change), and also EnumProcesses for getting the list, but
these are all Windows specific, not to mention C++ specific on
Windows, and I can't see any way of making one set of functions
that would work on Windows, Mac and Linux.

So anyway, my question is, does D have the capability of
interfacing with Linux and Mac such that those functions are
accessible, and/or would I be better of working in C++ for this
particular venture?  How would I go about accessing those
functions, and using the information they provide in D?