Circular Buffer

Artem Tarasov lomereiter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 13:43:30 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 20:56:32 UTC, Frustrated wrote:
> how efficient is ufcs? It seems like it would be very slow in
> general and way better to manually do the code. I wonder if
> anyone has done any tests?

LDC and GDC are pretty darn good at inlining these UFCS chains,
but the yielded machine code might be slightly suboptimal. In any
case, you should use a profiler instead of making decisions based
on some intuitive feelings which might easily be wrong. (don't
underestimate the efforts put into GCC & LLVM backends!)