Trouble Compiling DMD, Druntime, Phobos on Windows

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Feb 13 17:58:01 PST 2014

On 2/13/2014 8:09 PM, Meta wrote:
> I'm using Windows 7 x64, but compiling 32-bit DMD. DMD compiles fine,
> but the linker warns about a "Warning 9: Unknown Option : LA". After
> that, when trying to compile Druntime, DMD chokes with this error:

Sounds like you're using an outdated OPTLINK. The /LA flag was added
relatively recently and the newer DMD buildscripts use it.

Try updating your copy of DMC, maybe a newer one will have the
up-to-date OPTLINK. Or just replace your DMC's OPTLINK with the one that
comes with DMD 2.064.2:

http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2013/dmd.2.064.2.zip

> "Assertion Failure: 'impl' on line 4930 in file 'mtype.c'".
>
> I looked in the file, but all I could find on line 4930 was:
>
> int TypeAArray::isZeroInit(Loc loc)
> {
>      return true;
> }

Not sure what's up with that one, but I don't have any familiarity with
mtype. Maybe it's just fallout from the earlier error?