Importing text file, path not found

Tolga Cakiroglu (tcak) tcak at pcak.com
Tue Feb 18 00:47:10 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 18 February 2014 at 08:45:16 UTC, Tolga Cakiroglu
(tcak) wrote:
> I am testing with the import expression. I am using the "-J"
> flag while compiling.
>
> dmd app.d -J/home/user/include
>

> void main(){
> 	auto test = json.parseJSON(
> import("/home/user/include/test.json") );
> }
>

> 1. Because I am giving the full path of that file to be
> imported. But compiler is complaining about that it cannot find
> the file. If I remove the path, and leave the file name only,
> it works. Am I doing something wrong, or bug?
>
> 2. Why do I need to tell compiler where to look at if I am
> going to tell where the file is already? Shouldn't it be like
> "Hey compiler, if you cannot while the file, look at those
> places", and I shouldn't need to use J flag if not necessary?

- Grammar issues -

1. Because I am giving the full path of that file to be
imported, compiler is complaining about that it cannot find
the file. If I remove the path, and leave the file name only,
it works. Am I doing something wrong, or bug?

2. Why do I need to tell compiler where to look at if I am
going to tell where the file is already? Shouldn't it be like
"Hey compiler, if you cannot find the file, look at those
places", and I shouldn't need to use J flag if not necessary?