Cannot implicitly convert derived type

Frustrated c1514843 at drdrb.com
Sun Feb 23 15:23:06 PST 2014

On Sunday, 23 February 2014 at 23:14:24 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 February 2014 at 21:06:03 UTC, Frustrated wrote:
>>> Why does your WindowsGui violate the iGui contract?
>>
>> It doesn't. It simply that one can't specify dependencies in D
>>
>> if (iGui is WindowsGui) then iButton is WindowsButton;
>>
>> It's not very hard logic but people are not even trying.
>
> I understand what you intend your code to do, but that is still
> breaking the contract which you setup. iGui takes an iButton
> because you defined it that way, to only handle specific types
> of iButton is a breach of contract. The language lets you break
> contracts, but it should not help you do so.

Nope. It has nothing to do with the contract. You are totally
missing the point.

It is all about reducing typing a bunch of extra shit. Don't know
why you can't see that.

In any case once I get the mixin in finish it will do what I want
and be good enough.

IF the damn language had the ability to specify dependencies then
it wouldn't be a problem. Just because you insist on using D's
current model as the only model you will always be right... I
hope that makes you happy. In the mean time I'll be moving on to
writing cleaner code...