Unused mmap library comes as deprecation warning on compile

Tolga Cakiroglu tcak at pcak.com
Mon Feb 24 12:20:51 PST 2014

I have about 12 different separate programmes. While compiling
only one of them, it gives as warning as below:

/usr/include/dmd/phobos/std/mmfile.d(344): Deprecation: alias
core.sys.posix.sys.mman.MAP_ANON is deprecated - Please use
core.sys.linux.sys.mman for non-POSIX extensions

I used `grep` tool to see any of my library files or programme
code have any use of this library.

grep mmap -r

Result is that binary files of all 12 different programmes have
mmap in them. I wondered maybe a Phobos or druntime uses it. Used
grep in `/usr/include/dmd` folder as well. As far as I see in the
file list, unless mmap is directly imported, no other file uses
it.

The only thing different about that specific programme is that it
uses "curl". Does anyone know why that deprecation message is
seen while it is not used anywhere? Because that executable gives
following error on GDB, and I am thinking that maybe that is its
problem.

Program received signal SIGUSR1, User defined signal 1.
[Switching to Thread 0x2aaab1387700 (LWP 3418)]
0x00002aaaab97df7d in poll () at
../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
81	../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S: No such file or directory.
(gdb) quit