Odd Linux linking error

Jeremy DeHaan dehaan.jeremiah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 10:21:32 PST 2014

I built some C shared libraries on Mint a while back and
everything with my binding worked out fine. I decided to try out
ubuntu and on getting everything set up there(using the same
previously built shared libs), I am getting an error that I am
unfamiliar with.

/usr/bin/ld: -f may not be used without -shared

I have tried googling it with little success, so I was wondering
if someone here could at least help to point me in the right
direction. I'm not building a shared library so the addition of a
shared switch doesn't seem like the way to go.(Also, I tried
adding it anyways, and it just gave me different errors)

Is this a D mistake on my part? Should I recompile the libs for
ubuntu specifically? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks as usual!