GC for noobs

Tobias Pankrath tobias at pankrath.net
Thu Feb 27 01:55:12 PST 2014

On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 09:49:08 UTC, Szymon Gatner
wrote:
> My crashes (still have them and can't track all as debugging D
> sucks) are caused by the fact that d-tor of parent object can
> be called before child d-tors. Adding destroy() calls in parent
> d-tors helped with some of crashes but I really hate this
> solution as I was virtually NEVER using 'delete' in C++.

Parent in the sense of an inheritance hierarchy or in the sense
of a successor relation in a graph of objects?

In the latter case the order of destruction is undefined (IMO),
i.e. if you have class A { B someB; } where B is a class as well,
than B might be already destroyed if A's destructor is run.