Contribution for Newcomers

Mike none at none.com
Thu Feb 27 20:14:43 PST 2014

On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 03:54:27 UTC, Michael wrote:
> Hello all! I've been programming in D for my school projects
> for a while and would like to contribute to the community if
> possible. Can anyone give me any pointers as to where I might
> be able to start? I tried searching for
> so-trivial-give-to-new-people tag but didn't find any :o) I
> don't have much experience with standard libraries or
> compilers, but I guess we all have to start somewhere! Being
> here looks like I'll be learning from the best.

Coincidentally, see the current discussion taking place on the
Announce list[1].  We'll see what comes of that discussion.
Maybe nothing.

* GDC has a Project Ideas page [2]
* LDC has a Contributor's Guide [3]
* The bugtracker has 3400 open issues.  Take your pick [4]

I'm new to D as well.  I'm making pull requests to update some of
the neglected documentation [5] as I learn .  And I've also taken
on my own project, not only to learn D, but to also provide
something that hasn't been done before.

Certainly more helpful articles, tutorials, etc... on the wiki
[5] would be a great way to help others, and would benefit you as
well as it would exercise your own programming chops.

Mike

[1]
http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.8.1393539926.2862.digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com
[2] http://wiki.dlang.org/GDC/ProjectIdeas