undefined symbol: rt_finalize

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 22:40:26 PST 2014

On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 06:36:02 UTC, Tolga Cakiroglu
wrote:
> On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 06:28:10 UTC, Tolga Cakiroglu
> wrote:
>> Whops! Hold on a sec. I saw that I defined `foo` as `extern`
>> instead of `export`. Testing with that.
>
> Even Walter Bright's code doesn't use export, and goes with
> extern only.
> http://dlang.org/dll-linux.html#dso10

that articles may be outdated. export has some problems in terms
it was implemented recently, and still not on all platforms.

also, why are you calling gcc to make .so ? isn't dmd with
-shared not works? or maybe if you really need gcc it is requires
to link with phobos and/or runtime if any?