GC for noobs

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Feb 28 05:31:24 PST 2014

On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 12:52:28 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
>> I'm a C folk and I'm really happy :)

+1

> C'mon, GC has to be an itch for you mallocers :)
>
> Come to the dark side...

It sometimes is. In that case we don't use GC.

Don't get me wrong - there are issues with current GC enforcement
and it is a major problem for real-time applications, there are
lot of threads with debates on topic (with me acting on
against-the-GC side). But it is a very small subset of
applications most programmers will never even write once in their
life, for everything else existing tools are pretty good.

I really think it is more of C++ architectural habit that itches
you right now :)