Is continuously seeding a random number generator performance intensive?

Jeroen Bollen jbinero at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 12:38:08 PST 2014

D provides a set of Random Number Generators in std.random. I am
writing an application which would create a 2D map of noise. To
do this though, I'll have to calculate the same random numbers
over and over again. (I cannot store them, that'd take a horrible
amount of RAM. )

Is it good to re-seed a generator for every coordinate, will this
be performance intensive? Is there maybe way to easily implement
Generator.at(uint x) in D?