A little DUB question

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Fri Jan 3 01:27:36 PST 2014

Am 31.12.2013 11:35, schrieb thedeemon:
> I've missed all the DUB discussions here and couldn't find the answer to
> my question in the docs, so here it is, very simple:
> I've got an app with one dependency stated in package.json as
>      "dependencies": {
>          "pegged": "~master"
>      }
> When I build my app with
> dub build --build=release
> the app itself gets compiled in release mode, but the library it depends
> on (in this case Pegged) gets compiled in Debug, so the binary ends up
> 2-3 times larger than if I build everything myself without DUB.
> What is the right way to build everything in release using DUB here?

Hm, which version do you use? The latest releases don't yet support
building dependencies separately, so I guess it must be a GIT master
version. However, for the latest HEAD, I can't reproduce the issue, so
I'd recommend to pull the latest changes in that case. But there will
also be a new beta release shortly.