Is continuously seeding a random number generator performance intensive?

Jeroen Bollen jbinero at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 13:17:25 PST 2014

On Saturday, 4 January 2014 at 20:16:31 UTC, Jeroen Bollen wrote:
> Also where is UIntType defined?

Alright, turns out it was just a template.

One more question though, I have my Engine set to have 'ulong' as
a seed through the template, which means that it'll also return
'ulong' as a result. Is there a way to have it take 'ulong' as a
seed, and output 'ubyte'? Divisions for every result would be
expensive, and shifting the output wouldn't return a uniform
distribution.