Is it possible to handle 'magic' property assignments a'la PHP?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Jan 6 23:50:13 PST 2014

On 2014-01-06 22:07, Philippe Sigaud wrote:

> Ruby does have a clean syntax (though I find blocks to be a bit heavy).

I like the block syntax. It allows one to create what looks like new
statements:

loop do
   # endless loop
end

I would like to have that in D as well, but with braces instead:

void loop (void delegate () dg);

loop {
     // endless loop
}

In Ruby 1.9 they introduced a slight more lightweight syntax for lambdas:

callback = -> { p "foo" }
bar(callback)

> But I'm not overloading any syntax here. I'm using a closure, not an
> expression template.
>
> Table.where!(e => e.first_name != "foo" && e.first_name.length > 4).first;

How is that being transformed in to SQL then?

--
/Jacob Carlborg