dub and ddox

Kelet kelethunter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 12:14:46 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm working on a library, and I'm trying to write the
documentation with Sönke's ddox software[1]. As I understand, it
works with the Ddoc documentation format[2].

The first problem I came across is that documented unit tests
weren't being converted into examples like in [2]. I came to
realize that you have to specifically enable it in package.json,
like so:
"-ddoxFilterArgs": [ "--unittest-examples" ]

Now my problem is styling it. While it looks decent, it is just
plain white. I noticed there were some questions about styling it
before, but I mainly want it so that if I type
`dub build --build=ddox`
it will generate my styled documentation. Or at least some
process similar to this.

I think bootDoc[3] looks pretty good out of the box, but I don't
think it works with ddox.

I'd like to hear any other misc. comments about using ddox
(particularly with dub). I was hoping there would be a few
alternative styles already made under a nice license that I could
tweak.

[1]: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox
[2]: http://dlang.org/ddoc.html
[3]: https://github.com/JakobOvrum/bootDoc