dub and ddox

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Wed Jan 8 01:47:04 PST 2014

Am 07.01.2014 21:14, schrieb Kelet:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a library, and I'm trying to write the documentation with
> Sönke's ddox software[1]. As I understand, it works with the Ddoc
> documentation format[2].
>
> The first problem I came across is that documented unit tests weren't
> being converted into examples like in [2]. I came to realize that you
> have to specifically enable it in package.json, like so:
> "-ddoxFilterArgs": [ "--unittest-examples" ]
>
> Now my problem is styling it. While it looks decent, it is just plain
> white. I noticed there were some questions about styling it before, but
> I mainly want it so that if I type
> `dub build --build=ddox`
> it will generate my styled documentation. Or at least some process
> similar to this.

In that particular case (dub build --build=ddox), you can just have your
own versions of the style files in your docs/styles/ folder (copy and
modify from ddox/public/styles). That won't work for "dub run
--build=ddox" as it will always use DDOX own resources. However, for DUB
0.9.22 I'm going to make documentation generation an own command instead
of just a build type and add more possibilities for customization.

> I think bootDoc[3] looks pretty good out of the box, but I don't think
> it works with ddox.
>
> I'd like to hear any other misc. comments about using ddox (particularly
> with dub). I was hoping there would be a few alternative styles already
> made under a nice license that I could tweak.

I don't know of any meant for reuse, but since the structure of the
generated HTML is quite simple, adapting the bootDoc style should be
relatively straight forward.