Thread Building Blocks

Ross Hays accounts at rosshays.net
Thu Jan 9 12:25:18 PST 2014

> It seems to be somewhat similar to std.parallelism
> (http://dlang.org/phobos/std_parallelism.html)

I have seen that before, didn't know if there was anything closer
with the task scheduler and worker threads described in the
documentation for TBB, or if that was the closest thing.

I see that it does have a TaskPool and worker threads within
that, but they seem to be only using a shared queue and
individual worker thread queues. So a task spawning another task
does not really have some of the efficiency benefits that it does
in TBB (where the worker threads maintain a dequeue instead). I
also didn't see any mention of task stealing, but maybe it does
that internally. Not sure. I can take a look at the code for it I
suppose.