std.xml

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jan 9 23:23:22 PST 2014

On 2014-01-10 01:02, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> The std.xml documentation states "This module is considered out-dated
> and not up to Phobos' current standards."
>
> Does this mean that there is some other module I should use for xml
> parsing? Maybe one that is not in the standard distribution yet because
> it is beta?
>
> I'd like to convert a xml-based tool I have written in another language
> to D as an experiment, but I'd like to use libraries that are likely to
> stay up to date.
>
> Bascally it entails:
> - reading a xml file
> - build a dom for it
> - optimize it
> - write it back to another xml file
>
> What options do I have in terms of actively maintained libraries that
> are suitable for this kind of utility? Beta quality is ok.

As far as I know, std.xml has been considered out of date for years,
nothing has replaced it yet. I'm using the XML parser from Tango. It has
a pull parser and an XML document API.

Tango will most likely not get any new features but there are developers
here keeping it up to date with the latest compiler changes.

http://siegelord.github.io/Tango-D2/
https://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2

--
/Jacob Carlborg