[Windows & DMD] No callstack when crash with Access violation reading location 0x00000000

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Sat Jan 11 15:50:11 PST 2014

Ok, I can reproduce this, and it seems that the crash happens somewhere
in no mans land. That means there is no debugging information present
and the stack frame isn't valid either. So the debugger and druntimes
buildin stacktrace code has no chance. My guess would be that this
happens inside druntime or phobos. So to debug this issue you will have
to build a debug version of druntime and phobos (just modify the DFLAGS
variable inside the .mak files accordingly and build them using the
digital mars make). And then link against these debug versions (using
the -debuglib switch). I would recommend renaming the debug versions so
you can use them whenever needed. I will take a deeper look tomorrow.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut