What's the D way of application version numbers?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 11:08:38 PST 2014

On Sun, 2014-01-12 at 18:59 +0000, John Colvin wrote:
[…]
> Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this is what the -version and
> verion(){} blocks are for. Past that it's really a matter of
> choice depending on your build system.

I think I may not have explained correctly: version blocks are the way
of dealing with platform specific features, basically a compilation
switch on Windows, Linux OSX, etc. My problem is about embedding the
application version number in the application. E.g 0.0.0-SNAPSHOT being
in the executable and available to the build system to create the
packages. If I create a D variable this is fine for the D executable but
not accessible to the build system.

(I may have consumed my pre-supper Ricard to quickly… :-)
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk