A little of coordination for Rosettacode

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jan 15 16:42:13 PST 2014

Brad Roberts:

> I think this is a mistake.  They should compile with a released
> compiler.

Why? And why do you think that outweighs the several advantages
of having entries compilable only with the latest beta compiler?
(Currently there are 40-50 entries that don't compile with the
released dmd 2.064.)

> They also likely form a potentially interesting set of
> regression tests that someone ought to volunteer to test beta's
> against.

Rosettacode site has many different purposes; I also use those
programs to test the dmd compiler for regressions. But to do this
effectively you have to use the latest compiler changes.

Also, how can you update manually on the site tens of entries all
at once when a new compiler comes out?

Bye,
bearophile